What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi speed vs web page loads

weamish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad and laptop have similar speed test results (about 40mbps). Any idea why web pages load much faster on the laptop than the ipad? Thanks! ...Steve

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Because all but the slowest laptops are faster than all but the fastest tablets. Not wi-fi, but actual ability to render and display things, like web pages.

Probably. Not definitively. There are other factors.

OP
W

weamish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because all but the slowest laptops are faster than all but the fastest tablets.

Thanks. I assume some tablets are faster than others when it comes to page rendering? Which specs would address this? Processor speed?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. I assume some tablets are faster than others when it comes to page rendering? Which specs would address this? Processor speed?

GPU (Graphics Processor Unit), mostly. The software also plays a big roll, with the efficiency of the javascript engine. When Safari is working correctly it is reasonably fast, for a tablet browser.

Third party browser should be updating to be faster, soon. The faster version of the rendering engine that Safari uses was not available to them until recently.

Most reactions