What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi problem

Quicksilver71

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am having trouble connecting to my home wifi network. When I first switch the iPad on it is fine, but then it disconnects itself and keeps prompting me for the password. When I enter it, it just says 'cannot join network' and asks for the password again. I know the wireless network is fine because my husband is sitting next to me using the laptop, and I know the password is right because I have had the same one for years.

This has started since I jailbroke my iPad. Could that be something to do with it? Any suggestions?

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Quicksilver71 said:
I am having trouble connecting to my home wifi network. When I first switch the iPad on it is fine, but then it disconnects itself and keeps prompting me for the password. When I enter it, it just says 'cannot join network' and asks for the password again. I know the wireless network is fine because my husband is sitting next to me using the laptop, and I know the password is right because I have had the same one for years.

This has started since I jailbroke my iPad. Could that be something to do with it? Any suggestions?

Total stab in the dark, but when first switch on, I presume the password is saved so it auto connects? If so, when it disconnects and you re-enter the password, have you checked that the first character is not in uppercase? As it auto capitalizes it, unless you have disabled that option in settings

OP
Q

Quicksilver71

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Interesting. The first character is a number, so how would that be affected by the auto capitalisation?

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Quicksilver71 said:
Interesting. The first character is a number, so how would that be affected by the auto capitalisation?

Like I said, total stab in the dark, as it is a bit of a weird issue

Maybe someone who has also jail broken their iPad can help

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts