What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi or cellular Mini? What did you purchase...?

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased an iPad Mini w/Retina w/AT&T LTE last month. So convenient! From now on all of my iPad purchases will have Cellular!

Sent from my iPad Mini w/Retina 32gb LTE using iPF

orion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to have had 3G but couldn't afford it, possibly next month...lol

Sent from my iPad mini using iPF

Me too. I didn't understand the advantage until I forgot to take my phone to work and thought I had lost it. The location feature is on the phone was quite handy. I just logged onto the website and saw that my phone was probably inside my apartment as it didn't move for the time I was watching it and the complex didn't see it outside.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also started to use my iPhone as a hotspot with iPad wifi's. Works well. We tried the mifi and didn't have so good of luck. That and it was another $20 on the data share plan. The hotspot is free. Also if we plug an iPhone into a laptop it immediately recognizes it as a network and connects.

iPadMarmoset

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 64 GB model cell/wifi. Not always possible to get a good Wi Fi connection here in Ghana. Download speeds are not so good over mobile phone network but the mini 2's processor helps out. Prices down here are higher than the UK or the States. Would you believe we actually have a Apple shop here in Accra!

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I confess that when the Mini came out I laughed at it. What a joke! Who would buy such a dumb thing? I already had an iPad2 and was totally in love with it. But I weakened and bought one late last year. I got the Retina display, 128g, and wifi only since I live very remotely and have no cell signal. Result? I only THOUGHT I was in love with my iPad2. I am a photographer and was searching for a way to travel as light as possible. (That is, carry-on only for indefinite international stays.) The Mini opened up all sorts of applications and the poor, neglected 2 languishes all alone! With a Seagate wifi 1T drive I can now go anywhere, shoot as much as I want, and stay as long as I want. The Mini has made that possible. Do I like it? Guess.

Most reactions

Latest posts