1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Wifi is weird outside of home network

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Dallasfoto, May 20, 2010.

1. Dallasfoto

Dallasfoto iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My iPad is hooking to wifi at home just fine...rarely drops. I am happy. Yesterday I had new tires put on and the Firestone guy says...sure we have wifi and it's open...go for it.

So I went to set it and it showed I was on their network but nothing would connect. Safari or email.

I looked at the chart ,of network into in the wifi set up and the fields were all blank...no IP addy numbers, etc

I don't have the 3G so it need this to work when I travel next week.

Any ideas? It also would not hook into star bucks either.
  2. CGPanama

CGPanama iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dallas, I've had no trouble connecting to multiple open wifi ports (restaurants, stores, etc). I'll be staying at a hotel with wireless this weekend and do not anticipate any problems there. My office wifi has worked as well, thought that is a bit more complex due to security settings.
  3. robsoule

robsoule iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WiFi

I know that you need to sign up with Starbucks to get 2 hours of free wi-fi each day. Here's the info on that:

Wireless Internet | Starbucks Coffee Company

And I am assuming that the wi-fi at Firestone didn't have protection on the network. I guess I would ask them how to connect.

Good luck,

SouleMan