What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why such smal capacities?

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's always the option to add a wireless hard drive. Right now, the selection is limited and relatively expensive. But, I suspect that will change over time.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There's always the option to add a wireless hard drive. Right now, the selection is limited and relatively expensive. But, I suspect that will change over time.

I keep waiting for the PAN (Personal Area Network) to finally become a reality. This what what bluetooth was suppose to make happen. Oh well, maybe with 4.0.

OP
K

kdryan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's just a guess, and my guess at that. I have no intention of trying to defend it. :p

No, I agree with you. It just seems a LOT of things are going to have to change and a lot of companies are going to have to give up profits for it to happen.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Opening the iPad to add-on storage runs counter to Apple's philosophy that individual apps should manage data storage. The absence of a common file system is intimately related to the absence of local data storage options. And has already been noted, while solid state storage options have been coming down in price, adding a 128 gig to the iPad 2 lineup would have pushed the cost of the iPad well into MacBook Air territory. Even then, those who find 64 Gigs to be too small would probably not be satisfied with twice that volume.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Opening the iPad to add-on storage runs counter to Apple's philosophy that individual apps should manage data storage. The absence of a common file system is intimately related to the absence of local data storage options. And has already been noted, while solid state storage options have been coming down in price, adding a 128 gig to the iPad 2 lineup would have pushed the cost of the iPad well into MacBook Air territory. Even then, those who find 64 Gigs to be too small would probably not be satisfied with twice that volume.

And it the iPad were to cost as much as a MacBook air then I would just go ahead and purchase the MacBook air. ;).

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01Update From NYC using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts