What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Usb drive

low_class

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new.. just got my Ipad 3 not long ago :) ... It came with v 6.0.1 ..so i cant jailbreak just yet :(
Anyway iv been watching movies including avi files via a usb stick and cck , But its only a 1 gig stick , As the 16gb drive uses to much power ....So far fair enough :)

Im going away soon for a week or so , No power there so can i buy one of the powered Chinese cck , Plug it into the ciggy lighter of the car to get the 16gb drive to work?
Or will it be better to go with SD cards ?
I,m happy i got the small drive to work don't get me wrong ..But 1 gb wont go far , And i don't have any Sd cards to test .. Or a powered cck
thanks in advance
Luke

ps. sorry if its been answered somewhere , I did a search , But came up empty for the lighter in car etc.

OP
L

low_class

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or, put the movies onto the iPad itself?

That would be my first preference and some will be put on there ...But being away for 7 - 12 days the storage just wont cut it for me :(
Only small storage space on my ipad unfortunately

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Given the cost of another CCK (which may or may not work) and memory sticks you might be better off getting something like an Airstash, GoFlex or CouldFTP to take with you.....if you have time to get one.

The Archangel

OP
L

low_class

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks mate :)
I went looking for the airstash .. But couldnt get my hands on one and online wont arrive in time , Maybe when i get back .
Bought a 32gb sd card .. seems to work great so far without the need to be powered ....Just a pity it needs to be in fat32 format ,
I might just convert 1 blue ray down .. the rest will be xvids ...not a bad compromise i suppose
anyway thanks for your help ... Merry Christmas ;)

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts