What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why need to sign in to itunes to access twitter?

starstream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twitter worked fine yesterday on my ipad2; today, however, when trying to use twitter, we get a message, "sign into itunes" asking for my apple ID password. Does this sound right or is someone trying to hack into our itunes account?
Thanks in advance for your help

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds odd. There is no reason for Twitter to ask for iTunes Store access, or your Apple ID. At least none I can think of at the moment.

Are you accessing Twitter through the website (Safari), or are you using the Twitter app, or some third party app (Tweetbot, Twiteriffic, etc)?

If you can upload a screenshot of what is happening it might help. You can take a screenshot by pressing the home and power button at the same time (briefly). The result will show up in the Photos app. If there is any private or sensitive information you can use the Skitch app to obscure that part of the image before posting.

Most reactions

Latest posts