What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do I always lose all my apps and data when I update?

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I updated my iPhone to iOS 5 I lost all my jailbroken cydia apps, tweaks and any regular apps I got from being jailbroken.

I want to update my iPad to iOS 5 and jailbreak now, but I don't want to lose all my data from 4.3 that I have right now. Isn't there a way to make it so I can backup ALL my apps, regardless of them being available due to a jailbreak?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I updated my iPhone to iOS 5 I lost all my jailbroken cydia apps, tweaks and any regular apps I got from being jailbroken.

I want to update my iPad to iOS 5 and jailbreak now, but I don't want to lose all my data from 4.3 that I have right now. Isn't there a way to make it so I can backup ALL my apps, regardless of them being available due to a jailbreak?

You can't do them all together, but this tutorial outlines a process to do everything separately - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...des/26399-how-upgrade-your-ios-jailbreak.html

barz91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this might sound silly but your 12 step guide is so clearly written it is just what i was looking for but unfortunately i want to follow these steps to update my iphone 4 on ios 4.3.3 to ios 5. Would these steps work if followed to updte my iphone 4?
Also i will be using my mac if thy helps at all.

Most reactions

Latest posts