What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why cant i get Adobe flash player

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil8715

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because Apple don't support Adobe Flash Player. It uses HTML5 which is what websites are starting to use as the industry standard.

In short Apple will never put Adobe Flash player on their iDevices. It will never become available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
OP
Traceymini

Traceymini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So would anyone have an idea how to use hmv digital without use of a pc, thanks

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
phil8715 said:
Because Apple don't support Adobe Flash Player. It uses HTML5 which is what websites are starting to use as the industry standard.

In short Apple will never put Adobe Flash player on their iDevices. It will never become available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What do you think the reasoning is for this?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01Update From NYC using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Have a read through the link Sweet Poison posted in thread #3 above. Inside that link is another link to a white paper Steve Jobs posted a couple of years ago. That's pretty much where Apple gets their reasoning...

Marilyn

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Have a read through the link Sweet Poison posted in thread #3 above. Inside that link is another link to a white paper Steve Jobs posted a couple of years ago. That's pretty much where Apple gets their reasoning...

Marilyn

This and Adobe has admitted defeat when it comes to mobile browsing and decided to discontinue Flash for mobile devices. They will now be focusing on HTML 5. They're basically admitting Steve Jobs was right when he said Flash was a dead technology.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi using iPF

siobh27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, is there any online movie website that currently uses HTML5 so I could watch on my iPad? Why is it I can watch tv shows like on siries.me but can't find a movie website???

zimer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:

I believe "Flash" running in the background consumes more battery power never mind it slows down too. Its ok on desktop,notebooks etc. Apple's upper hand was to have more battery power in all mobile devices.
Week after Steve passed on Adobe finally agreed to support HTML5, bet Steve (RIP) was smiling in his grave.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dlo said:
This and Adobe has admitted defeat when it comes to mobile browsing and decided to discontinue Flash for mobile devices. They will now be focusing on HTML 5. They're basically admitting Steve Jobs was right when he said Flash was a dead technology.

I believe "Flash" running in the background consumes more battery power never mind it slows down too. Its ok on desktop,notebooks etc. Apple's upper hand was to have more battery power in all mobile devices.
Week after Steve passed on Adobe finally agreed to support HTML5, bet Steve (RIP) was smiling in his grave.

Thank you BOTH!!

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
siobh27 said:
Hi all, is there any online movie website that currently uses HTML5 so I could watch on my iPad? Why is it I can watch tv shows like on siries.me but can't find a movie website???

Movie sites such as?! Currently HTML 5 is still a very new scripting language that is slowly being implemented across the web. It really depends on who is hosting the movie. If you're trying to stream a movie and the player isn't loading, chances are it's because it is Flash. from what I remember HTML 5 won't be fully implemented till at least next year at the earliest.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Puffin to view some sites that stream TV shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts