What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's planning on buying the iPad Air2?

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You know, this best buy deal might actually be worth it for once. Usually I sell on ebay but I'm seeing a lot of auctions for the iPad Air 1 64gb wifi going for around low 300s to 350. Factor in the 10% fee for ebay and 3% fee on paypal along with shipping fees you'd be lucky to get $350 in the end. Probably due to apple staggering the prices for more memory. But hey I'm ok with that.
Try Swappa. I've had a lot of luck with both buying and selling on Swappa and it's a flat $10 rate, instead of the 10% Ebay Fee.

ljmart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HUGE upgrade from old ipad 2...thrilled with my new air 2!!! glad i didn't succumb to upgrade fever a year ago...

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nifty thing I found on another forum. If you go by your post office and ask for mover's packet there's a 10% coupon inside. Use that for additional savings on top of the $50 off.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Bought mine the day it went live on the Apple Store website. Upgraded from an iPad 3 32GB Wifi to the iPad Air 2 128GB Cellular. Not a single regret and I am using it more than ever now.

Joanie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congratulations! Let us know how it compares to your iPad Air.

Sorry I took so long to come back.
I bought the 64 GB wi-fi model in gold.
The trade-in process at BB was seamless and very easy.
My husband decided that he wanted my Air so I traded in his iPad 3 instead of my Air ($180 + $50 coupon).

Comparison-wise there's nothing earth shattering to report.
It's lighter and thinner for sure and I really like the fingerprint passcode function.
The display is better but still has glare, I took it on vacation with me and outside viewing wasn't the best but it was okay.

All in all, I'm very happy with my upgrade and, best of all, both of our iPads are Airs now.

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry I took so long to come back.
I bought the 64 GB wi-fi model in gold.
The trade-in process at BB was seamless and very easy.
My husband decided that he wanted my Air so I traded in his iPad 3 instead of my Air ($180 + $50 coupon).

Comparison-wise there's nothing earth shattering to report.
It's lighter and thinner for sure and I really like the fingerprint passcode function.
The display is better but still has glare, I took it on vacation with me and outside viewing wasn't the best but it was okay.

All in all, I'm very happy with my upgrade and, best of all, both of our iPads are Airs now.

I also purchased the 64gb Gold iPad Air2. I went with the Verizon WiFi+Cellular version. This is my first iPad and I'm luving it so far....SMILE

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I'v not gone through this entire thread! But, a few days ago, I bought the iPad Air 2 to replace my aging iPad 2 (which is nearly 4 years old) - just got the Wi-Fi model but w/ 64 GB - plan to put my old iPod's MP3 music onto the Air which I'll use w/ my BT headphones and travel speakers - one less device to carry 'on the road' - should arrive w/i a couple of days. Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WooHoo! I ordered my iPad Air 2 this morning and it's just been shipped.
image.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, my 64 GB iPad Air 2 arrived today and after a couple of hours is already to enjoy - did an OTA restoration from the cloud - all went well except the iWork apps did not download (weird since Apple programs); had to DL each and lost some data (but very little - use those apps more on my MBPro). Then did an iOS 8.1.1 update followed by putting all of my MP3 music onto the device (so no more iPod 'on the road'). Backed up to my laptop and also the cloud; had to DL my Amazon books to the Kindle app (went quickly for the ones I wanted).

And the 'thinness & lightness' of this new device is amazing - I lift my old iPad 2 and feels like a BRICK! Now, what to do w/ that old device? Dave :)

Last edited:

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ordered a Zagg Glass for my Air2. All screen protectors are 50% off on the Zagg site for Cyber Monday.

Sent from my Gold iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi ALL! Thrilled today w/ my new iPad Air 2 - everything has gone well, but when I checked my iTunes account, my new device is not listed in 'Manage Devices' there - not sure why since I entered SO much stuff - it's midnight here and about to go to bed, so mind is foggy - know that I can figure it out eventually, but would appreciate any quick explanations - thanks. Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi ALL! Thrilled today w/ my new iPad Air 2 - everything has gone well, but when I checked my iTunes account, my new device is not listed in 'Manage Devices' there - not sure why since I entered SO much stuff - it's midnight here and about to go to bed, so mind is foggy - know that I can figure it out eventually, but would appreciate any quick explanations - thanks. Dave :)
When you restored the new iPad from a backup, did you also keep the name of the iPad 2?

Just a thought. I don't use iTunes if I can avoid it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts