What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Smartphone

AntonCartel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad + iPhone = The Right Thing To Do

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iPF

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPhone 4S is my first "smartphone". It's extremely impressive in most ways and I'm already heavily invested in apps with the iPad. However, the battery stinks and Siri is not like most Apple products IMO. It feels like a gimmick that doesn't work consistently. It's an absolutely beautiful piece of hardware but I'll be looking closely at the new Galaxy Nexus.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPhone 4S is my first "smartphone". It's extremely impressive in most ways and I'm already heavily invested in apps with the iPad. However, the battery stinks and Siri is not like most Apple products IMO. It feels like a gimmick that doesn't work consistently. It's an absolutely beautiful piece of hardware but I'll be looking closely at the new Galaxy Nexus.

I also find Siri half-baked and gimmicky, but I have liked my iPhones in general. I'm waiting to check out the Galaxy Note hybrid phone-tablet when it debuts in the U.S. That might become my first Android phone.

Mokamommy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep wavering between iPhone and getting another android phone. The iphone4s seems a little glitchy, but then androids have always been that way. but sharing apps would be nice, until I make up my mind I'll just keep my DRoid X (sigh)

Sent from my Poppin Purplicous iPad 2 using iPF

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also find Siri half-baked and gimmicky,

Some may agree with you over at our iphone site at the moment. That and the battery.

@ OP ~

I just got the Samsung Galaxy 2s and I love it! My first Android. Just remember they both have their issues ~ if you go to the Galaxy site there are lots of members with concerns, just like over at iphones site ~ same thing! Every forum will have folks with problems with their phones. Even iPad sites. :)

It is what it is.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some may agree with you over at our iphone site at the moment. That and the battery.

@ OP ~

I just got the Samsung Galaxy 2s and I love it! My first Android. Just remember they both have their issues ~ if you go to the Galaxy site there are lots of members with concerns, just like over at iphones site ~ same thing! Every forum will have folks with problems with their phones. Even iPad sites. :)

It is what it is.

Yup, nothing's perfect. I actually like my 4S -- better reception, sound and camera than on 4, and 64GBs, so my whole music collection fits. So I don't regret getting it. Siri, I have next to no use for, but eh. And I've not had battery trouble at all, because I'm not much on Siri or location services. I can go two days on one charge, usually.

I really like the look of the Galaxy Note, because of size and phone-tablet combo. But I want to play with one and see how I like it, and I wonder about battery life. Either way, I stick with an iPhone that I already like, or I get a phone that I presumably like better. So it's all good.

I think it only matters that you find something that works for you, no matter brand or model. We're lucky there are so many gadgets to choose from. Tech is very cool.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
SweetPoison said:

@ OP ~

It is what it is.

Infernal machines. ;)
AA

image-1295938823.png

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPhone 4 but ow goes it Lyndsey? No regrets?

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have used my HTC HD2 (with both Windows and Android OS) to tether with my Ipad and now I use my HTC Sensation. As long as I can continue to tether, I'm happy with my Android phone. Never desired an Iphone but with AT&T buying T-Mobile, I may end up getting one in a couple of years.

AT&T buying T-Mobile isn't a done deal yet and may never materialize.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also find Siri half-baked and gimmicky, but I have liked my iPhones in general. I'm waiting to check out the Galaxy Note hybrid phone-tablet when it debuts in the U.S. That might become my first Android phone.

I've been looking at this device, it's pretty amazing. I read today that the processor will be downgraded because it doesn't play well with 4G but it sure is beautiful. Could I use a phone this large I wonder? It's much better spec'd than the Nexus for the most part, I imagine it will be quite a device on Ice Cream Sandwich.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking at this device, it's pretty amazing. I read today that the processor will be downgraded because it doesn't play well with 4G but it sure is beautiful. Could I use a phone this large I wonder? It's much better spec'd than the Nexus for the most part, I imagine it will be quite a device on Ice Cream Sandwich.

I read that it's supposed to come with Gingerbread in the U.S., but there's plenty of speculation.

These are the last two speculative links that I found interesting:

Samsung Galaxy Note for AT&T to ditch Exynos, sport 4G LTE? -- Engadget

Galaxy Note for AT&T hits FCC for cups of tea - Engadget

I'm keen to test drive one. They've been selling online unlocked from markets where they've already debuted, but I want to buy with the possibility of an easy return or carrier support, if needed.

I especially want to test battery life under my uses. For me, no mobile gadget is worthwhile without good battery life. And I can't imagine a phone-tablet that won't require better life than just a phone.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts