What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which is best Apple Store res. or ordering from Apple?

blowabs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want a 3G 16/32gb iPad.
I have a res. on one here in 'NYC but its been over 10 or 12 days now.

Whats a brother to do?

thx folks

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Trust me, find it at a store somehow. Waiting for it to come in from the store is maddening. It honestly isn't Apple's fault, it seems to be Fed Ex can't get anything straight. Mine has been in Fed Ex's hands since last Thursday. It was guaranteed to deliver by 10:30 today. Hasn't delivered, needless to say. Just left China this morning finally. Been talking to Fed Ex since yesterday. At this point they can't say exactly where it is and no idea when it will get to me. Just blazingly good service. Not.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score

My advice is to reserve one at a store and wait. It won't take longer than ordering direct and some factors might make the wait shorter, such as other people with reservations dropping out.

OP
B

blowabs

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My advice is to reserve one at a store and wait. It won't take longer than ordering direct and some factors might make the wait shorter, such as other people with reservations dropping out.

Thanks
I just have to be patient then.............Its just so hard to do.....esp. with a short vacay comin' up thurs.....;-]

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, reserve at the store, its pretty easy from there. We reserved the first one and it was ready 2 days later, just good luck but by then had bought then wifi only model so let the reservation go. A week later we changed our minds and wanted a second ipad, reserved at same store and ordered online the same day. Figured we'd cancel the online one if the other came through faster. Well, 6 days later the store reservation came through AND the online went into shipped status.. now we have two.. shipped status is still in HK... but the other ipad has been in hand since Saturday. Now, we have two Apple stores within 10 miles of each other plus several in SF which is only 45 mins away so there is a lot more options for people which means turn around can be quicker than those stores that have 100+ miles difference.

Anyway, selling the wifi only and keeping the two 3gs. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts