What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone order and received an iPad from apple.com recently?

amphibious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I placed an order for the 16GB WiFi on Friday. The shipping time quote on the site was "7-10 business days," as it is now.

Has anyone here ordered an iPad on apple.com recently? If so, how long did it take to actually ship? Because I'm pretty sure that "7-10 business days" is merely a placeholder shipping window at this point.

The Apple Store I normally go to has plenty in stock and has had plenty in stock for a while now. The only reason I didn't make the purchase locally to begin with is that I'm about three hours away from my normal store (and any Apple Store for that matter) and purchasing Apple products from "partner" stores has always been a hassle.

However, I need the iPad by the 22nd of this month (and when I say "need" I mean "need," not "want really badly") so if there's any realistic possibility that I won't get it before then I'll be making that three hour drive.

In any case... anyone's recent (like the last 2-3 weeks) apple.com order experience on iPads would be helpful.

Last edited:

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experience a couple of months back was that it actually took 7 business days to ship. Once it shipped (from Shenzhen, China), I had it in 3 days.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you NEED one by a certain date and there is store that has one, go there. Any number of things can happen that could delay the shipment from China. The 7-10 days is an estimate, NOT a guarantee! Until your iPad actually ships, they will not charge your credit card, so you should be able to cancel the order with no issues.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We ordered some at work recently and it was about 7 working days until ship and tree days in transit as well. You'll be cutting it close.

dale600rr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered 2 IPads (32GB Wifi and 64GB 3G) on the 25th of June (about 8am California time). The 32GB shipped on the 8th of July and the 64GB on the 9th. Both arrived at the destination in NYC at 10:30 on the 12th of July. The order estimated shipping on the 12th and delivery on the 15th so it was about 3-4 days ahead of schedule.

I hope that helps, based on my experience you won't receive it in time for the 22nd.

Cheers
Dale

Mecread

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine on 1 july and it said I would get it the 22 July.

It shipped 11 July and is now in Memphis Tn, that is a 4 hr drive from me so I am hoping to have it in my hands on the 14.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a boss who once told me, "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!"

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
I ordered June 23 and it shipped on Friday. I should have it tomorrow. I was told July 19th. So it is not quite a week less than quoted time.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Our 2 were spot on. I'd drive if you need it though.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the shipping for free?
ipad5.jpg

OP
A

amphibious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a boss who once told me, "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!"

And when you boss asked you to do something that was "poor planning on his part" did you come back with a snarky response like, "well, that does not constitute an emergency on my part?"

No.

So, thanks for the snarky response, but that doesn't help answer the question I originally asked.

OP
A

amphibious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's interesting is that the inCase case I ordered with it was "5-7 business days" and shipped same day.

Most reactions

Latest posts