What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which folder do I copy music too?

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have iPad 1 wifi 16GB jailbreak with redsn0w.

Does anybody know what directory music (for iPod app) is stored in? I am avoiding iTunes if possible, and will be using WinSCP to FTP files over, but can't figure out where they should be!

For Photos I figured out you have to delete the Photos.sql and PhotosAux.sql files, and then Photos app will rebuild database with new photos I copied over.

Any ideas how it's done with music?

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Music is a wee bit trickier than the Photos, but if you really want to be released from iTunes, why not look into PwnTunes? It lets you drag and drop all your media (music, photos, etc), onto your iPad and handles all the necessary database updates and other trickery to make sure it appears in the destination app as you expect... It sounds like exactly the sort of thing you want.

OP
J

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have VLC Media Player installed and I can drop the videos in the media folder and it recognizes the videos, but I tried putting MP3 files in same directory and it did not recognize them!

Most reactions

Latest posts