Where can I locate this composite wire?

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by WitchOneSalem, May 19, 2014.

1. WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Have been hunting for awhile and can not locate a way to hook up my iPad 4 to my TV using a composite connector. The ones that I see are for the non lightening devices. Anyone have any ideas where I can find such a connector?

Sent from my IPAD 4th generation. WIFI only. 128GB

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you mean this connector set, it's not made for iPads with the lightning connector. image-553458175.jpg

#2 scifan57, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  3. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Agree w/ Scifan57 - the lightning connector has just 8 pins (vs. the older 30 pin connector) and composite video is archaic at this point - be wary of trying different adapters, e.g. the image shown previously of the composite AV to 30 pin connection - a thought might be to just use a 'Lightning to 30 pin' adapter like Apple's shown below; however, the 8 pins are limited (see quote below from HERE) and will not transfer video.

Now, I remember a thread you started on 'Roku vs. Apple TV' - did you ever upgrade your Roku? Also, what kind of TV are you trying to connect to w/ your iPad? Your two options w/ the 'lightning' connection are a cabled HDMI one or a 'wireless' option w/ the Apple TV or the newer Roku model; believe that there may be a VGA choice but that would be on an old TV. Let us know - Dave :)

MD823.jpeg

4. WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Connecting to a HDTV with both RCA type connectors White Red and Yellow right, left for sound and yellow for video. Not really VGA.

Nothing with ROKU or Apple TV yet. I did ask if ROKU 3 supported mirroring iPad to TV I was answered no just the Play On ROKU choice. Which is ok but does nor mirror anything. Just allows photographs and videos to be played on TV.

I would think there should be a lightening to RCA connector to mirror iPad to TV.

5. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The easiest way to do that with the newer iPads with the lightning connector is to have an Apple TV connected to your TV and wirelessly stream the information to the TV from the iPhone.

6. dhewson777

dhewson777
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Although Apple TV has only HDMI out I believe. Unfortunately, RCA style connections (composite and component) are on their way out, you will see them less and less on newer TVs. This is why you won't see that sort of support for lightning to RCA. Hopefully you can find a online vendor with some of the more unusual scenarios in regards to cables with lightning port support.

7. WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I have been hunting. One of the models of my TV has a VGA connection. Mine happens not to.