What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Couples Break Up, According To Facebook Data. Alternatively, He/She Was Way Out

biscuit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Title:When Couples Break Up, According To Facebook Data. Alternatively, He/She Was Way Out Of Your League Anyway ---- Geekologie

Idon't know about you, but I've never beenbroken upwith. Shot and left for dead, sure, but neverbroken upwith. The few times italmosthappened I tricked the girl/dino into giving it anothershot, and then broke up withherthe next day. Haha, works like a charm! Well, at least until they startsmashing your electronicsand beating your car with a rake.Womens.
A very interesting data visualization from infographic wizard David McCandless is making its way around the web, depicting the most common times a year that people break up -- via Facebook status updates.

McCandless whipped out the chart during a TED talk this past summer. Apparently, he and his team scraped 10,000 status updates for the phrases "break up" and "broken up," and made the following discoveries: 1). A ton of people break up before social occasions like Spring Break and the summer, 2). Mondays aren't just the start of the work week -- there're the end of many a relationship, 3). People have the decency not to dump their significant others on Christmas Day.
That chart is really fascinating and all (I didn't actually bother looking at it), but I can already tell you when most people break up.The day one of them finds out the other is cheating.Also a popular date for gun-related deaths!†- Geekolgie

Instructions:

Most reactions

Latest posts