1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

What's Your Access Point to Movies?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by SYS, Apr 4, 2011.

1. SYS

SYS iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm accentuating on the "ACCESS" here as I would like to learn about how people watch movies on iPad. I'm a new iPad owner who wants to be able to watch a bunch of movies while traveling on air with no access to wifi or Internet. Do you rent movies from iTunes or Netflix or... How do you access to movies? (On a side note, as someone new to this, I was astounded to find out how limited the iTunes' movie selection is. It's quite pathetic to be frank, and I don't get it. Must be some sort of licensing issues going on?)
  2. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Netflix streams movies, so assuming you are really offline, it is not a viable option. Unless I have overlooked some features of Netflix.

But yes, renting movies from the iTunes store is a simple option. Some people stated that the movies even auto delete after they expire, though I haven't tried it yet, as I buy the movies instead, in case I want to see them again.
  3. SYS

SYS iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, for someone like me, Netflix is no use for me, then. I listed it as an example without knowing much about it. I'm just getting into online movie rentals... :)
  4. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    personally, all my movies are ripped from my dvd collection. and, i have a massive collection. i've got ripping movies from dvd for ipod to a fine art now :)

other than that i might stream from the bbc iplayer (free and only for uk peeps) if they've got anything worth a punt. which is not often.