What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the Secret to Putting on Screen Protectors?

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found the best way to put screen protectors on is to:

1. Put them on brand new equipment still in the box. Don't take the original wrapping off until just before applying the screen protector.
2. Find a 'clean room' somewhere. Usually a bio lab that handles infectious diseases or some kind of nuclear weapons grade processing facility works best.
3. You must bathe prior to putting your screen protectors on. This requires a scrub down with an abrasive cleaner / sponge / brillo as well as a body wash with a diluted mixture of distilled water and hydrochloric acid (usually a 2% solution will work).
4. Prior to the bathing procedures you must also shave all of your body hair off -- ALL of it! This is where having very close friends will help benefit the process.

Then just follow the other suggestions on the forum and you're good to go!

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have found the best way to put screen protectors on is to:

1. Put them on brand new equipment still in the box. Don't take the original wrapping off until just before applying the screen protector.
2. Find a 'clean room' somewhere. Usually a bio lab that handles infectious diseases or some kind of nuclear weapons grade processing facility works best.
3. You must bathe prior to putting your screen protectors on. This requires a scrub down with an abrasive cleaner / sponge / brillo as well as a body wash with a diluted mixture of distilled water and hydrochloric acid (usually a 2% solution will work).
4. Prior to the bathing procedures you must also shave all of your body hair off -- ALL of it! This is where having very close friends will help benefit the process.

Then just follow the other suggestions on the forum and you're good to go!
well, I see where I went wrong :D It is almost impossible to not have a spec of dust somewhere :mad:

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually a bio lab that handles infectious diseases or some kind of nuclear weapons grade processing facility works best.
--------------------------

LOL

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's the Secret to Putting on Screen Protectors?
You can't! Its some sort of voodoo magic! I watched the video, I followed the instructions and I swear you could have done brain surgery in the room it was so clean but I still managed to trap a teeny tiny piece of dust/lint under my Zagg invisible shield.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

I am sure that one day it will drive me crazy and I will make a valiant effort to remove the shield and fix it which we all know will only make it worse which will force me to buy another one. Now if I could only figure out some way to damage it so Zagg will replace it for free under their lifetime warranty. (Now I guess I am really screwed if anyone from Zagg is reading this!)

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah it does take practice! I went thru 4!! But I kept the 4th on it has few bubbles but i ordered 3 more, they only 99 cents on ebay and I find they do the job..

when i get my new ones in im gonna but an air duster to it first- then apply, the smallest speck of dust can lead to an airbubble!

I was gonna get a zag but cant afford 15 bucks or whatever for one screen protector..

99 cents and I get a perfect fit screen protector made for ipad, its just a matter of getting it on without any airbubbles..

and I was surprised these screen protectors dont take away from the sensitivity of the touch pad screen..

monkeytine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never use them because I can't put them on properly and they are so expensive :-(

csunflower9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Best Buy installs at least the zagg protectors. I just bought an IPad the other day and the hubby put protector on and screwd it up. Soooo. I saw in Best Buys ad in Sundays paper for 29.99 zagg iPad protectors plus you get it installed for free. Did a great job on it, NO BUBBLES , NOTHING

Pml_bird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the trick with the credit card to help put on the plastic cover . Made no difference . Full of bubbles and also has now got scratches from the credit card . Looks like I' ll need to buy another and get an expert to put it on .

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just totally soaked mine with the provided fluid. Mine also came with a black rubber pad to remove excess liquid and bubbles. I managed to do a good job; wish I was able to pat myself on my back, lol.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A guy at work gave me the name of a local store that does them for you. If I remember correctly it was @ $50 BUT you could go back and they would replace it for somewhere around $5 or $10 as many times as you wanted, within reason I'm sure..

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The secret is NOT using them and avoiding them like the Ebola virus. Eating 500 metric tons of salt would raise your blood pressure LESS than trying to put on ONE tablet screen saver. I went through that hell once and I'll never do it again. It's a flawed concept and sets you up for failure every time. I didn't use one on my Air this time and the screen is like brand new with a simple wipe every so often.

Friends don't let friends get anywhere near tablet screen savers. Ever.

Most reactions

Latest posts