What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favorite ios5 update

candi1990

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that I finally got it working... I have to say my favorite feature is the split keyboard. I love it! What's yours?

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes I was waiting for that new feature. But I find it too tiny for thumb typing. Maybe I need to give it more time.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it helps ... the keyboard is larger if you hold the iPad in landscape mode.

I know, doesn't help for portrait, but it's something...

Marilyn

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Marilyn,

You are correct that the split keyboard is slightly wider in landscape mode. At first I didn't notice it until trying to type in portrait mode. Definitely have more typos in portrait. I always preferred landscape anyway for the larger fonts.

If the split keyboard were wider, it would be harder for the thumbs to reach. Its going to take getting used to...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgetful said:
How to activate split keyboard, please?

2 fingers together on the normal keyboard when it comes up then spread them apart. Another option is to touch and hold the keyboard icon (bottom right of keyboard).

The Archangel

Tomscave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the "speak selection" feature. When you highlight a word or words you get the option to Copy - Define - Speak. It's nice for emails.

Last edited:

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Swipe from app to app on iPad 2

And as lame as it is: notification swipe down on iPhone. I hated the interrupters.

Last edited:

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tomscave said:
I like the "speak selection" feature. When you highlight a word or words you get the option to Cut - Paste - Speak. It's nice for emails.

Didn't know about that one! Cool. I love the ability to swype between apps rather than click the home button all the time. Love the new calendar functions. Love the notifications. Love the Emoji keyboard! That's cool! So many little things. Split keyboard is my least favorite! LOL

I don't see the "speak" option, but I do see a "define" option which is awesome!

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fxgt said:
How do i swipe from apps to apps please?

Just use four or five fingers to swipe left or swipe right. If you have no more apps open, the last app will shake like it's saying "no".

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dgk said:
I have an iPad 1...and tried doing those swipe gestures and it doesn't work...is it maybe only for iPad 2?

Unfortunatily it is, but I'm sure an update will mend that.

Most reactions

Latest posts