What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is other?

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The data bar when syncing has a yellow section called "other" and I can't figure this out. I thought it was stuff like browser history,cookies,app data,etc. But after deleting these things the amount of other stayed the same. Did a restore and this brought the amount way down but there it is again. Does any one know what "other" is and how to keep it in check?

Sent from Latveria

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It appears to be cached data, plus anything else that doesn't fit into any other category.

Example, if you have a news app; BBC, CNN, CNET etc, every time it updates, it stores existing data. It appears that the only way to release the space is to uninstall and reinstall the app that is using the space.

OP
STeBoS

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That makes sense. I have a few news apps that update multiple times a day. The other got as big as 2.5 gigs! This was driving me nuts! Many thanks!

Sent from Latveria

Most reactions

Latest posts