What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

jimmiesmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my "the NEW iPad" for just about everything. Email, web, banking, money management, lots and lots of spreadsheets, some word docs, notes, a couple pictures, I utilized splash top for remote access/control of home and office PCs, of course games, books, and a little video. The only thing I really don't use is the music player, too big to use while exercising or mowing the lawn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

handlerchelsea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
happy.gif

I'm in New York city and the New iPad is selling so fast. However, nobody is buying the 4G. They have plenty of the 4G in stock. They also have the 16 New iPad.

What is completely sold out is the 32 and 64 New iPad. That is what I want and I call every day to find out if it is in stock.

I got the New iPad 4G, because the WiFi only was sold out in all five stores in Manhattan. Of course the 4G eats up so much data and money that unless you can afford paying another $80 extra per month it's not worth it. Apple says you don't have to activate the 4G, but it took forever to bypass it when I set it up.

Then you have to go to settings and put it on Wifi only.

The New iPad screen is so beautiful, once I saw it I sold my iPad 2 immediately.
I think I'll spend more money shopping for clothes and bags, because the colors are so amazing on the New iPad that II just want to pull items on the screen and buy them. It really looks like whatever you are looking at is right in front of you.

I think a lot of the apps are going to take a while to catch up. They are not all ready for the New iPad yet.

You should definitely go with the New iPad in 32 or 64. Especially if you might sell it at some point maybe when the 4th one comes around, the 2 will be worthless.

vickyp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
anyone who has been using an iPad for a while, tell me, is it convenient enough for typing? I want to type short notes, blog posts, etc., but I'm still not sure whether it's going to be ok with an iPad.

TanjayLady6204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since getting my ipad 2 last Nov, as a birthday present from my husband, I have been using it to browse the web, check my email, watch movie online, keep a journal, chat to friends and relations abroad, take photos and videos at home or when out and about...hardly used my laptop since I got my ipad. I am using it every day!

TanjayLady6204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Vicky,

I just got my ipad 2 last Nov. and I find it very easy to type on it. I don't think a separate keyboard is even necessary.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vickyp said:
Hi everyone,
anyone who has been using an iPad for a while, tell me, is it convenient enough for typing? I want to type short notes, blog posts, etc., but I'm still not sure whether it's going to be ok with an iPad.

TanjayLady6204 said:
Hi Vicky,

I just got my ipad 2 last Nov. and I find it very easy to type on it. I don't think a separate keyboard is even necessary.

I have been using an iPad for over a year now and although I have the Apple Wireless Keyboard, which is fantastic, but it's just collecting dust as I have no problem typing onto the iPad directly.

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm the same as Gabriel1. I have the apple keyboard and it very rarely comes out to play! The keyboard is so much easier to use. however if I know that I'm typing a large piece, I get the keyboard out as I'm a trained touch typist.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I'm the same as Gabriel1. I have the apple keyboard and it very rarely comes out to play! The keyboard is so much easier to use. however if I know that I'm typing a large piece, I get the keyboard out as I'm a trained touch typist.

Like Hayley, I infrequently use the keyboard. My keyboard is the Apple one which plugs into the base of the iPad.

I used the keyboard the other day to edit a very long document and to write some long forum posts. I missed using the keyboard, and will be putting it to more frequent use.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

vickyp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, ok. Still not sure. Think I'm gonna have to try one at a local store anyway, and type in a few paragraphs.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
vickyp said:
Well, ok. Still not sure. Think I'm gonna have to try one at a local store anyway, and type in a few paragraphs.

Hi Vikyp,

Typically, I thought of some further comments after my last post. So, here goes.

The keyboard (mine is a keyboard dock - to use the correct term) provides you with additional functions, and of course is a cut down querty keyboard. It you intend to deal with large blocks of text - cut & paste etc, the keyboard is a lot easier to use, and as a consequence more accurate.

iPad's inbuilt pop up keyboard is excellent, but it is easy to mistype things and the spellcheker will substitute words with a best guess. These typos can be easily overlooked, as Im sure we have all found out to our embarrassment & to the amusement of others.

With the keyboard, its easier to go back & correct typos.

certainly, the keyboard is preferable when writing / editing lengthy documents.

My intention was to use the keyboard & iPad in record offices for transcribing stuff.

Everything is very much a case of horses for courses.

You are doing the right thing by trying before buying.

I hope this helps.

(Typed up on my keyboard dock.)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Honest truth! I'm lazy! It's just easier to type on here than to get the keyboard out and Bluetooth it!

barlowbrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hi Vicky

I have tried both large keyboard and now I use the keyboard that clips onto the iPad 2, which protects and is the same size as the iPad ? It works via the Bluetooth connection, the cost is about £18 from eBay

Regards

Barlowbrian

Carlotsal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my new ipad for a reader. Also, my husband is always on my computer and now I don't care. I do email and Internet. Also it takes awesome pictures and video. In other words I LOVE my iPad and use it constantly.

thomaswoodlick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using it as ebook reader and also for fun. Surfing internet, playing games in free time and watching online movies. I am using this for business purpose also.

Most reactions

Latest posts