What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tlbaker, Dec 20, 2011.

1. esco

esco
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Girlfriend's off at work, I'm still on vacation from grad school so I'm just being a bum in bed.

Should probably start writing that research proposal...

2. Drew wal

Drew wal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Had a wonderful surprise the other day .( Saturday)

My long term ( almost 12years) girlfriend had planned a surprise birthday party for me , and it certainly was.

She had planned this over the last couple of months and had invited a whole load of friends over for the event too.

I had decided to take it easy on Saturday and really wasn't in the mood to be driving or going out , nonetheless a couple of friends had come over during the afternoon and whilst chatting away I received an iMessage from another friend a few miles away asking me if I could go and have a look at his pc as it had developed a fault , being as lethargic as I was , I wasn't in the mood either to go all the way up to see him to check it out , I'm a grumpy git when I want to be , anyway I then received another message from him telling me his ipad had a scratch in it , which still didnt interest me in moving , in the end I decided to go for a little drive after he'd got a lift down to see me instead . While we were out he complained about the scratch in his ipad and the fact his pc was playing up , and even reported several times that his dodgy replacement phone wasnt picking up a signal while we drove . We'd been out for about an hour and a half and I decided to return home and relax for the rest of the night and I'd have a look at his ipad & pc & see if I could dig him out a replacement mobile handset ( I collect them , so would have a few spares) , nothing about the drive seemed unusual at the time ....
    But upon returning home , I noticed the kitchen lights had literally just got turned out , dismissing this as a bulb blown ( again lol) I opened my front door to be greeted by a whole load friends and relatives who had all come round for the surprise !
    Turns out the faulty pc / cracked ipad screen was a ruse to get me out the house for everyone to set up the surprise .

I walked into a Dexter themed kill room , that being the entire lounge wrapped in protective film , the floor covered , windows etc and a fantastic set up of various Dexter themed props.

I am a Dexter fanatic , but to walk into a kill room and be greeted by a load of friends was quite a surprise , I was effectively speechless , and struck by the sheer planning and attention to details all my friends had gone to too make it a special surprise .

I am eternally grateful to my girlfriend for her patience and unbelievable planning to bring all of my friends together , and it's helped me to also appreciate her and my friends knowing there are people who really care in this world , and despite my being a miserable grumpy sod at times I found that its my partner and friends that really know how to make me happy , and all their scheming and secretive texts etc all resulted in a fantastic time , one I won't forget anytime soon .

image-4078674582.jpg

image-575565228.jpg

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5using iPF

#5742 Drew wal, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  3. Drew wal

Drew wal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Details on the nails too , for people that have watched Dexter , you'll recognize the symbology .

image-66716302.jpg

Will upload some more pics if I can get some more ...

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5using iPF

4. Richard Brown

Richard Brown
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    That's a great shot of a rather cute looking Miles, tlb! :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

5. Linda1

Linda1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Tlb,

What does Miles do while your off doing what you do?

Sent from my addictive iPad using iPF

6. tlbaker

tlbaker
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Thank you. ;)

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

7. tlbaker

tlbaker
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:

image-1508208795.jpg

Hi Linda!!

Relaxing in his day condo!! He tolerates it but he'd rather I be home with him. :)

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

8. Houdini5150

Houdini5150
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Watching tv relaxing today...trying to do some laundry.

9. tlbaker

tlbaker
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    No profanity on this forum!!! I will not tolerate it. This is a friendly place for iPad lovers to enjoy themselves!!!! MODERATORS???? Houdini is using the L Word!!!!!! ;)

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

10. KevinJS

KevinJS
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Good grief. And I thought we had hit rock bottom with Skimonkey and Scifan discussing the ironing. We definitely need to clean this place up. Maybe throw some detergent in?