What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird line on screen

Kramer7969

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I just got the new iPad (3rd gen) and so far, in two different games if I have it set to use my iCade for the controller (even if the iCade is not connected) I get a horizontal line about 3 inches from the bottom of the screen.

The line is there in screenshots, and when I connect it to the TV with the HDMI adapter so I am quite certain it is not a failing pixel issue... I was just wondering if anybody has experience with this? The two games I've seen it in are Air Attack HD and ElectroMasters. Here is a cropped screenshot where you can see the line.

line.PNG

I have an original iPad as well and these same games don't experience this issue. I really tried searching for this but am not sure what this issue even is. The fact that I can change the settings in the game and the line goes away is very puzzling. Uninstalling and reinstalling the games does not resolve the issue. I guess it would almost be like artifacts from the GPU overheating, but that doesn't make sense why it would happen with one setting but not another... also that usually would be more random.

Here is a video where you can see the line going away and coming back as the settings are changed.

I am attempting a restore now, and if that doesn't resolve the issue, it's back to Best Buy for a return. I just really wanted to share this.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

kralle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont Belive resotore will help ,just go to get a replacment Unit :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It sounds like the problem is software and related to using the iCade as a controller. The iPad 1 and the new iPad are different animals.

L

Lunar

It sounds like the problem is software and related to using the iCade as a controller. The iPad 1 and the new iPad are different animals.

I agree.. I also think it may be software/compatability related, especially if it only does it on 2 games, obviously due to having the new retina screen. (I'm assuming however that other games are okay)
Are you saying the games play okay if the iPad is not enabled for the controller. ? indicating some sort of compatability issue.

I only have a few games on my new iPad, 'Rage' , FL-Commando, Chess and Scrabble games ect, and have had no probs at all, so I would'nt rule out a hardware issue either. Ideally you need to test on another iPad 3... Apple store/ Best buy ? perhaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
K

Kramer7969

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never got a chance to do a full restore, but I did do a reset on the device itself (the software download kept failing in iTunes) and it hasn't had any issues since yesterday evening. I'm not sure if you could see it in the video, but it slid from the bottom then it slid down. The closest thing I could say is it is like if it was trying to pop up a message or something from the bottom but only showed the border... if that makes any sense.

Thanks for the responses.

Most reactions

Latest posts