1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

webapp auto resize on rotation - portrait to landscape

Discussion in 'iPad Development' started by Greg.Baker, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg.Baker

Greg.Baker iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Obviously I am new to these forums and I am still a novice with my iPad 1; but I am no stranger to programming. I have created a number of things for my iPhone (3GS) and am now trying to create an iPad webapp using HTML, javascript and CSS.

My current problem: iPad's auto resizing of my webapp(s) upon rotating the iPad from portrait to landscape mode. I have Google'd and tried many found techniques and examples/demos that profess to have solved this issue, without success. I am so discouraged that I think this is a problem with only my iPad only; settings or such maybe? I do not know.

Well there; I have cast my problem off to the winds, to the corners of your forum, in hopes of some help; some resolution for someone more knowledgeable than I.

Meantime, I will continue my search here within; I have already learnrd some interesting things that should come in handy, that is, should I ever get past this primary issue of scaling.

greg
  2. Greg.Baker

Greg.Baker iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wouldn't you just know it.

The minute I post my first question I find a solution, sort of. My problem is indeed a "my iPad settings" issue. Ouch! What a time finding that out though.

The answer was found at Edited by moderator via "yet one more Google search"; you MUST ask the right question of Google.

Fourms: Edited by moderator - read Rule 8, do not link to other iPad forums

Answer: EDIT: I can not credit the answer in this forum so you must find for yourselves.
    Who'd of thunk? LOL

I say "...sort of solution" above, as there is no way to do this programatically - which is as it should be, I know. So a help/usage file will be included in the final product to show people faced with this same problem while using my webapps how to correct it. Not much else I can do.

For now, thanks all, and I am back to work.
    I will follow this forum to see what others are up to and if I have anything to offer.

Regards,

greg

edited by Gabriel1
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  3. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    This thread is closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.