What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

webapp auto resize on rotation - portrait to landscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg.Baker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
software.gypsytrader.com
Obviously I am new to these forums and I am still a novice with my iPad 1; but I am no stranger to programming. I have created a number of things for my iPhone (3GS) and am now trying to create an iPad webapp using HTML, javascript and CSS.

My current problem: iPad's auto resizing of my webapp(s) upon rotating the iPad from portrait to landscape mode. I have Google'd and tried many found techniques and examples/demos that profess to have solved this issue, without success. I am so discouraged that I think this is a problem with only my iPad only; settings or such maybe? I do not know.

Well there; I have cast my problem off to the winds, to the corners of your forum, in hopes of some help; some resolution for someone more knowledgeable than I.

Meantime, I will continue my search here within; I have already learnrd some interesting things that should come in handy, that is, should I ever get past this primary issue of scaling.

greg

OP
G

Greg.Baker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
software.gypsytrader.com
Wouldn't you just know it.

The minute I post my first question I find a solution, sort of. My problem is indeed a "my iPad settings" issue. Ouch! What a time finding that out though.

The answer was found at Edited by moderator via "yet one more Google search"; you MUST ask the right question of Google.

Fourms: Edited by moderator - read Rule 8, do not link to other iPad forums

Answer: EDIT: I can not credit the answer in this forum so you must find for yourselves.
Who'd of thunk? LOL

I say "...sort of solution" above, as there is no way to do this programatically - which is as it should be, I know. So a help/usage file will be included in the final product to show people faced with this same problem while using my webapps how to correct it. Not much else I can do.

For now, thanks all, and I am back to work.
I will follow this forum to see what others are up to and if I have anything to offer.

Regards,

greg

edited by Gabriel1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts