1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Web Pages

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by hillclimber, Sep 9, 2010.

1. hillclimber

hillclimber iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Need some help here guys, is there a way to email/forward a web page straight from within safari? I can do do it with an app called Offline Pages but it's a bit of a pain.
  2. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    To read it offline or to send a link to someone?
  3. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Save a screen shot by pushing the top (power) and home buttons together for half a second. The photo will be stored in your photo library under the saved folder. Email from there.
  4. wrecklass

wrecklass iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It's really a question of what you are trying to do. If you just want to mail a link to the page, touch the "+" symbol at the top of the Safari screen. Then touch "Mail Link to This Page"
  5. Wpociengel

Wpociengel iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe the request is quite plain. Send the web page to someone else. Not a link, not a screen shot, the webpage.

On a Mac I can print to PDF and send it or email it directly and hope for the best when it comes to formatting.

I'm sitting here on my iPad and want to send my wife my flight information. I can not copy and paste as that is not an option that safari (or any other browser that I have will allow). I do not want to type the information I just want to send it as I see it. A link will not do as she would the. Need my user I'd and password to get into the site to view my itinerary so the best thing is to send the page.

I've tried an app called I save the web which captures it but does not allow emailing.

So to reiterate the original question how do I send a web page not link, not screenshot to another via email?
  6. The Alternative

The Alternative iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Its a simple matter of copy and paste. Tap once on the web page. Extend the copy box to whatever size you need. Tap copy and then paste it into an e-mail. Works perfect every time (in both Safari and Atomic Browser). Takes a while to paste with large web pages but other than that it works fine.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  7. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    The other solution, suggested by another Forum member a while ago, is to convert the web page to PDF using a bookmarklet (I'd never heard of this term before the member suggested it)

javascript:pdf_url=location.href;location.href='http://pdfmyurl.com?url='+escape(pdf_url)

(Some edits to this URL may be needed as the format seems to get distorted a bit when I preview it)

I don't how or why it works but, on my iPad at least, it converts the webpage to a PDF that subsequently appears in Safari and I can then email it to whoever I want. Maybe someone out there knows how or why it works?

Tim
    Scotland
  8. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Forgot to disable smilies in the previous post - sorry.....

The other solution, suggested by another Forum member a while ago, is to convert the web page to PDF using a bookmarklet (I'd never heard of this term before the member suggested it)

javascript:pdf_url=location.href;location.href='http://pdfmyurl.com?url='+escape(pdf_url)

(Some edits to this URL may be needed as the format seems to get distorted a bit when I preview it)

I don't how or why it works but, on my iPad at least, it converts the webpage to a PDF that subsequently appears in Safari and I can then email it to whoever I want. Maybe someone out there knows how or why it works?

Tim
    Scotland
  9. jomaweb

jomaweb iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tried the bookmarklet with no success. A "page not found" message is shown.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks
  10. Mattmilw

Mattmilw iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Google joliprint/iPad. I can't post the link as this is my first posting. I think it is what you're looking for.
  11. Mattmilw

Mattmilw iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    After you've set the bookmark up per the instructions, and you have the page on the screen you want to make a PDF, press the bookmark, and the screen will grey out. At this point it looks like something has gone wrong because of the grey screen. Scroll to the top and you'll see the dialog for the PDF. It seems to work well.