What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
check out the town sometime ...very eclectic.We had coffee in the am with folks from Pender Is. And Bella Coola and a lawyer from Ed..The train crew was bedding down when we hit the road. Nice room with kitchen and they let the dog in.A cop at a road block in Valemount couldn't recommend a cheap place...he had just been transferred from Duncan.The kid at the corner store turned us onto the Blue River Motel.I couldn't resist the name.Glad we stopped.We'll go back next fall and hopefully the weather won't chase us along.Usually we sleep in the truck wherever we find.

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No the Sandman was to pricey you have to go down into town to find it.Way to tiny streets for your rig I guess.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
check out the town sometime ...very eclectic.We had coffee in the am with folks from Pender Is. And Bella Coola and a lawyer from Ed..The train crew was bedding down when we hit the road. Nice room with kitchen and they let the dog in.A cop at a road block in Valemount couldn't recommend a cheap place...he had just been transferred from Duncan.The kid at the corner store turned us onto the Blue River Motel.I couldn't resist the name.Glad we stopped.We'll go back next fall and hopefully the weather won't chase us along.Usually we sleep in the truck wherever we find.

I came up this road in a four-wheeler about this time last year in a snowstorm, on the way back from Vancouver Island. I distinctly remember Blue River, because I was following two trucks who were cutting the trail for me. They turned off at the Husky, and I was on my own. It was late at night, my wife and son were asleep in the car, and it had been snowing heavily since I left Hope.

I made the decision to carry on without the help of the trucks. That was a difficult drive. It continued to snow all the way to Hinton. Had a couple of cups of Husky coffee, then realized there was a Tim Hortons in Hinton (damn) and carried on.

I have a lot of respect for these roads when the weather turns nasty. It can go from clear to blizzard in a few hundred meters.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reminds me of coming down the Coquahalla in second gear in blinding snow.I'm sure they turned on the snow warning sign seconds behind us.My husband is the pro driver. I shut my eyes as to not gasp.He prefers if I sleep but I know I can lend a hand and keep us on the road with pure consentration.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Reminds me of coming down the Coquahalla in second gear in blinding snow.I'm sure they turned on the snow warning sign seconds behind us.My husband is the pro driver. I shut my eyes as to not gasp.He prefers if I sleep but I know I can lend a hand and keep us on the road with pure consentration.

I took my wife down Donner Pass in a truck once. There were teeth marks in the dashboard by the time we reached the bottom of the hill.

Just recently she has been watching that new reality show about the tow truck drivers. I casually remarked one day "Oh, we've been there." "WE HAVE? WHEN?" lol. Just as well we did the trip before she saw the show.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aha Sierra Nevada. slept in the car north of a grants pass waiting for a snow plough ...woke up to kids all around .We were parked at the school bus stop

sunny day starting..still no coffee

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
5° C, partly cloudy and wind. We'll have ~20° C today and lots of sun.

Today's the end of winter tyres compulsory in Austria.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's what a lot of our side streets look like right now.

View attachment 39576 Driving your car down a street like this is like riding on rails, hard to change lanes.

Great picture that sci with snow looking like it will be completely gone soon. I guess bicycle riding there is not something done much this time of year. Talk about getting into a rut!:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great picture that sci with snow looking like it will be completely gone soon. I guess bicycle riding there is not something done much this time of year. Talk about getting into a rut!:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You'd be surprised about bicycles. People ride them all year round, even at -30°C.

Most reactions

Latest posts