What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The result of some recent bad weather in my city.

View attachment 39486 Photo Credit: Leader Post

You would have the 'right of way" rule there and you drive on the right. So that big rig had the legal right of way or have I got that wrong. Still, with that slippery ice...not nice for either of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my niece in Ed. Said that when the free way was closed due to bad weather and that massive pile up the tow truck drivers gave warning that due to the fact that no one was supposed to be driving they would not be going out to retrieve fools stuck out on the freeway where they had no business being after the warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You would have the 'right of way" rule there and you drive on the right. So that big rig had the legal right of way or have I got that wrong. Still, with that slippery ice...not nice for either of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most of the time, if a big rig is involved in a "coming-together" the assumption is that it's the truckers fault. I've been hit by cars while stationary, and heard people saying to the police "A truck hit a car". The police tend to understand that this will be the case and don't jump to conclusions.

As far as tow truck drivers making the decision as to whether they should pull people out of the ditch; those guys make me laugh. They are truckers who happen to drive a different style of vehicle. If I told you that you shouldn't be on the road because you are not skillful enough to handle the conditions (even though I obviously consider that I am) you would rightly tell me to go take a hike.

When you have to drive, sometimes conditions just make it more interesting. Today, I have no choice, but having considered the conditions on the Coquihalla, I'll probably pull up short and stay in Kamloops. I have the luxury of being able to make my own decisions. Some people are not so fortunate.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the weather didn't get as bad as I expected it to today. I woke up to yet more snow this morning, but for most of the day the roads were fairly clear. It's presently sitting at around the freezing point in BC, and it has stopped snowing, for a while at least.

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kevin you sure had a ride in some pretty country.
I was on the Yellowhead last fall.We were intending to ride down no 1 through Columbia ice fields to Banff but the snow kept us off .And instead we stayed in the crack of sunshine all the way on No 5 surrounded on all sides by snow clouds.Spent the last day in the sun from Kamloops down the old hi way along side the Thompson River to the coast.
I googled Tete juane Cache and reminisced about our fine road trip.I like to use trucks as my front man .I match speeds and take the easy ride.And with my I pad I hunkered down for the night in the Blue River motel to map the weather forcast and chose my route.
Right now in reality it's 4C. With hopes we'll reach 9C.by aft. a

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kevin you sure had a ride in some pretty country.
I was on the Yellowhead last fall.We were intending to ride down no 1 through Columbia ice fields to Banff but the snow kept us off .And instead we stayed in the crack of sunshine all the way on No 5 surrounded on all sides by snow clouds.Spent the last day in the sun from Kamloops down the old hi way along side the Thompson River to the coast.
I googled Tete juane Cache and reminisced about our fine road trip.I like to use trucks as my front man .I match speeds and take the easy ride.And with my I pad I hunkered down for the night in the Blue River motel to map the weather forcast and chose my route.
Right now in reality it's 4C. With hopes we'll reach 9C.by aft. a

I can see that motel (Sandman) from where I'm sitting. I'm at the Husky in Blue River. I weighed the options last night and figured Blue River was as good a place as any to stop. It pays not to go too fast through this part of the world. There's too much scenery to do it in the dark.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
I can see that motel (Sandman) from where I'm sitting. I'm at the Husky in Blue River. I weighed the options last night and figured Blue River was as good a place as any to stop. It pays not to go too fast through this part of the world. There's too much scenery to do it in the dark.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

Husky. Hmm. Stewed coffee for breakfast.
Wishing you a save trip as always.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts