Weather ios7 ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by yellowhorse, Sep 29, 2013.

1. yellowhorse

yellowhorse
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Wind alert? Do a quickie search in the App Store. Where we are, very very remote. So we have very high winds that come up out of nowhere. But it's great for fishing surfing and the like. If you want to know like for freezing temps it will let you know ASAP. Has alerts. For the free version you get like so many alerts. But in the ios7 version you open the app and there's a map. If you go to the settings button I think on the right it says map or list. If you check list and search your zip code you will get this really neat chart of wind speeds by the hour, temps, pressure, and there's tides and other info you can add in. The paid version is a subscription. They have a free trial for that. I always tell people to try it. Especially if you have a schedule and have to schedule in a surf or fishing expedition in your day. LOL. I use it constantly to tie down my solar panels or make sure the lines don't freeze. LOL. But that's on the App Store. If you are like me and live in an area that doesn't have an airport or weather station listed, if you contact support they'll add it for you. And did so in a very timely fashion.

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    That's an interesting app. Thanks for the explanation. The need for it here isn't vital enough to pay a subscription, but I like that this kind of app is out there.

3. yellowhorse

yellowhorse
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yah I wholly survive on the free app