What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching flashplayer websites on ipad2

micgrech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post......so be gentle on me!

Is there anyway we can view web videos on ipad2 that use flashplayer?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shintitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use iswifter
itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iswifter/id388857173?mt=8
Hope this helps.

OP
M

micgrech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to access the below link from Iswifter but it states that it is not available for this region.

Its a bit odd seeing its from australia and I am in australia and can access this from my laptop.

Are there another alternatives to swifter?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to access the below link from Iswifter but it states that it is not available for this region.

Its a bit odd seeing its from australia and I am in australia and can access this from my laptop.

Are there another alternatives to swifter?

The link the last poster gave was to the US Store. But, from your iPad, go directly to the App Store app and search for iSwifter there. Other alternatives are Puffin. None of these is entirely satisfactory. The iPad simply does not support Flash, so these third party browsers get around this by hosting the Flash on the company website and streaming it to your iPad. The results very much depend on the Flash content and the bandwidth of your Internet connection.

Tim

OP
M

micgrech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded both apps and can not get the website I want to work in both apps.

I receive an error message which says "movie not available in this region"

I am trying to watch catch up tv on the channel 7 yahoo service here in australia.

Its called "Plus7"

cheers

V1king

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have same issue. The problem is that iSwifter uses its own server to access Plus7, then streams it down to the iPad. Problem is that the server is NOT in our region, so it cannot access Plus7.... Catch-22. I did see an article (did a Google search) where they stated that iView (which is for ABC) would be adding Plus7 to it, but they do refer to the PS3, so don't think that would apply to the iPad. Looks like the only solution is to switch to an Android Tablet...
If anyone has suggestions how to be able to get Plus7 videos on the iPad, we would really appreciate. ISwifter and others don't work for this.
BTW, iView is fantastic, if you want to watch ABC. I use it to live stream ABC24 news.
Thanks....

Most reactions

Latest posts