What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Messing with photos help

Phoneguy44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, great forum. I've got a lot of good info and learned a lot about my new ipad2 coming here. Lurking is over as I have some questions I could not find answers to using the search, so here goes. Forgive my windows terminology as this is my first Apple anything.

I just purchased an sd card reader (Apple Digital Camera Connection Kit - official name) and have a few questions.

*When sd card is inserted and my photos come up, do I have to import them first in order to view them?

*How can I choose what folder/album photos are imported to from my sd card or can I not choose where the photos are imported to ?

*Once multiple photos are imported to any folder/album, how can I do a "Select All" or "Delete All" ? I am unable to delete the folder/album called Imported photos that it defaults to when importing. I'm having to select each photo one by one in order to delete.

What I'm doing is trying to use my ipad2 to view trail cam pics. I may have 250 on the sd card when I pull from trail cam. So deleting most or all of them after I'm done viewing them is common. I'm getting the job done just trying to find a quicker way to accomplish this without tapping 250 icons.

Thanks guys an gals !

Dennis
Oxford, ALabama

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dennis, I am going to delete your duplicate post. Please refrain from double posting, since it makes it hard for other members to follow and help If they can. Also, it is against forum rules to do this.

Thanks.

OP
Phoneguy44

Phoneguy44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry, wasnt sure if I put it in the wrong section since I wasnt getting an answer. This one must be a toughy.

Can anyone help ?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just purchased an sd card reader (Apple Digital Camera Connection Kit - official name) and have a few questions.

*When sd card is inserted and my photos come up, do I have to import them first in order to view them?

*How can I choose what folder/album photos are imported to from my sd card or can I not choose where the photos are imported to ?

*Once multiple photos are imported to any folder/album, how can I do a "Select All" or "Delete All" ? I am unable to delete the folder/album called Imported photos that it defaults to when importing. I'm having to select each photo one by one in order to delete.

What I'm doing is trying to use my ipad2 to view trail cam pics. I may have 250 on the sd card when I pull from trail cam. So deleting most or all of them after I'm done viewing them is common. I'm getting the job done just trying to find a quicker way to accomplish this without tapping 250 icons.

Hi Dennis - welcome to the forum! :) I'll try to address several of your questions:

Assuming you are referring to the SD card formatted in your camera, when attached to the CCK adapter, thumbprint images of the files on your SD card will appear on the iPad (under the 'Camera' selection at the top menu bar); images that have been previously imported will have a green check mark; a blue check mark appears when you tap an image(s) - then by tapping the blue 'Import' option at the bottom of the screen, the choices 'Import All' or 'Import Selected' will pop up - make your choice. Once 'Import' is done you will be given the choice to either 'Delete' or 'Keep' the the imported files on your SD card.

The imported images will appear in the folder entitled 'All Imported' and can be viewed enlarged from that location; by tapping the small box w/ the outgoing arrow (right upper corner), a number of options will appear top left which are self-explanatory. Thus, your images on the SD card are placed initially in that folder only and can be manipulated, as needed; for example, by opening another album in the Photo app and selecting 'Add Photos' at the top of the screen (right), imported photos can be checked and added.

Well, I'll stop there for the moment; please post back if this answers a few of your questions and any other issues you still have in using the CCK - good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts