What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watch movies online on iPad?

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm desperate for your help. You see, I've been trying for a long time to watch movies or series online on my iPad 2, but I've never managed to. If someone have succesfully done it, please leave a "recipe" and the websites you used to watch it on.
Thank you :)

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're trying to watch Flash encoded files, it won't happen, unless you use a browser or app, say, like the Skyfire offerings' which decode it at a server and send it to you streaming. If you're trying to get past popups, say at watcheu, then it ain't gonna happen.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Norwegian Mystery said:
Hello,

I'm desperate for your help. You see, I've been trying for a long time to watch movies or series online on my iPad 2, but I've never managed to. If someone have succesfully done it, please leave a "recipe" and the websites you used to watch it on.

Have you tried the Netflix app? It's a subscription service that allows you to watch streaming video movies,etc..

D

dvdcatalyst

HBO Go (if you have HBO) is great as well.

On Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine you can find a large collection of free movies that are encoded in an iPad compatible MP4 format, and will actually stream.

From a sister-forum of these forums, this post might give you some ideas:

Free Movies, Videos, TV Shows, NFL Highlights - Legal Websites

It contains a collection of different websites with videos on them, and while these are tested for Android devices, many of them work for iPad as well (forget the app-links though)

DenAtTheDBM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check the app store to see if your local tv stations have apps available. Some of them can even use AirPlay to stream the show through your AppleTV so you can watch it on a bigger screen.

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love HBO to GO. Works great for me. Some shows are perfect for small screen.
I'll catch up on shows usually laying in bed.

☮ ♥ 

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Have you tried the Netflix app? It's a subscription service that allows you to watch streaming video movies,etc..

+1. I'm on travel now and using my netflix to stream Star Trek the Next Generation. Fills in gaps nicely. Netflix has a huge library of titles. I only really watch it when on travel.

D

dvdcatalyst

Anything that's free? :)

Most of the ones I suggested in my reply are free.

HBO Go (if you have HBO) is great as well.

On Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine you can find a large collection of free movies that are encoded in an iPad compatible MP4 format, and will actually stream.

From a sister-forum of these forums, this post might give you some ideas:

Free Movies, Videos, TV Shows, NFL Highlights - Legal Websites

It contains a collection of different websites with videos on them, and while these are tested for Android devices, many of them work for iPad as well (forget the app-links though)

HBO isn't, unless you have HBO on your TV subscription, but Archive.org is completely free, and the links in the post on the sister forum are free as well.

happy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
apple-zones.blogspot.com
Hello,

You should find a website or a app that can support your iPad to watch videos,I use iPad watch movies have to use iTunes, I put files to iTunes, and then make iPad and iTunes synchronous,and then I can watch my videos!

Muffler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the app OPlayer solve the problem of streaming and watching TV episodes on the internet? I know it says you can watch flash.

Muffler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Netflix is fine if you are in America. Does not work in Australia or in other countries, thus my question, does the app OPlayer do the job?

happy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
apple-zones.blogspot.com
Hello,

I always download the videos from a website and then pass them to my iPad,you watch movies online,and I think you can find a software to manage your flow.and also can manage your video menu,app store is a good place,you can have a try!

Most reactions

Latest posts