What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warning about no subject in emails

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Guys

When sending emails, right or wrongly, I never put a subject heading, and am warned about it.

Can I prevent this warning appearing.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it. Can't see any option to turn it off.

If you don't want the warning and don't want to type a subject, just put a space in the subject line and the warning won't come up.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it. Can't see any option to turn it off.

If you don't want the warning and don't want to type a subject, just put a space in the subject line and the warning won't come up.

Please don't encourage this behavior. It causes more problems than it solves, and many SMTP servers will refuse delivery of messages with a single space in the subject line.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the beauty of a forum. Different aspects of a question can be addressed. I don't agree that am email should ever be sent without a subject. In fact, if I received it, I would likely delete it unread, but I don't know the OPs reason for asking the question, so I supply the best answer I can. In this case, it appears that getting rid of the warning is not possible, but a workaround exists.

The OP can now decide whether to take on board the excellent advice that subject lines should always contain a subject, if he chooses to.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Another possibility. If the OP doesn't want to take the time to think up subjects for an email, and doesn't want to take a chance of being spammed or ignored due to no subject; create and use a shortcut. They work find in the subject line's entry field.

I send a lot of photos to myself, so If I were to do this I might create the shortcut 'sj' and have it expand to "I'm feeling to lazy to type a subject, deal with it." I'd probably pick something polite if I were going to send the email to another person, or not. ;)

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
.hi Guys

I will sole it by starting to insert subject..............sorted and thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts