1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Wanting to use the iPad in the classroom

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by bjameslynch, Jul 18, 2010.

1. bjameslynch

bjameslynch iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone, I'll be getting an iPad as soon as my student loan check arrives, and I want to use it for my classes. Ideally, I want it to supplement as many traditional school supplies (notebooks, pens, possibly textbooks) as possible and document the experience as I go. I know there are several note taking apps available, as well as course planners and the like. I've already ordered a Dodocase and a dagi stylus to make the experience easier.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend which apps I should get, or offer any advice I should keep in mind as I begin the experiment.
  2. ibgeorgeb

ibgeorgeb iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For general studies I would use Note Taker HD, WritePad and Notebooks. I'm not a power user and I'm sure there will be others who will recommend their preferences. Good luck.
  3. iLuvMyMac

iLuvMyMac iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  4. bjameslynch

bjameslynch iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the advice, I've added the apps to my wishlist. As for Writepad, I love the thought of what I write being transcribed but I worry about how accurate the transcription is. I don't have the greatest handwriting on paper, and I wonder how well it will work on the iPad. Oh well, I suppose the best way to find out is to try it.
  5. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Another one for Note taker HD as I write faster than I type.
  6. chinseng

chinseng iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hmmm, so far we have the application that is good enough for like handwriting on ipad. The main hurdle will be the stylus. I got a dagi, it's not exactly the one I thought it would be. And pogo doesn;t seem that good for handwriting from what i read online.