What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VPP not really what I need...

buffalogirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in charge of setting up a dozen iPads at work. They're for our department heads and commissioners. I know iTunes doesn't have a business solution; is there something better than what I did...? The iPads stay with each person and must not have personal documents/etc. on them for legal reasons, BUT individuals may purchase apps if they have a use for them (in other words, the VPP doesn't really apply). I set up each iPad with a new iTunes account, giving each person a mobileme address, etc. The problems started when the fifth iTunes account rejected the same credit card I'd used on the others. I ended up using three different cards to set up all of the iTunes accounts. Unfortunately, even though the devices and accounts were set up for each person, the detail account info now has the name of each department's credit card I used (iTunes changed it after I set it up initially to match the credit card info, ie Matt's iPad says it belongs to Michelle). But at this point it seems like the best I can do.

I spent three days with iTunes support, and eventually the woman stopped emailing me back. Apparently there is no other solution, but this situation must occur all the time. Any thoughts?

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
buffalogirl said:
I am in charge of setting up a dozen iPads at work. They're for our department heads and commissioners. I know iTunes doesn't have a business solution; is there something better than what I did...? The iPads stay with each person and must not have personal documents/etc. on them for legal reasons, BUT individuals may purchase apps if they have a use for them (in other words, the VPP doesn't really apply). I set up each iPad with a new iTunes account, giving each person a mobileme address, etc. The problems started when the fifth iTunes account rejected the same credit card I'd used on the others. I ended up using three different cards to set up all of the iTunes accounts. Unfortunately, even though the devices and accounts were set up for each person, the detail account info now has the name of each department's credit card I used (iTunes changed it after I set it up initially to match the credit card info, ie Matt's iPad says it belongs to Michelle). But at this point it seems like the best I can do.

I spent three days with iTunes support, and eventually the woman stopped emailing me back. Apparently there is no other solution, but this situation must occur all the time. Any thoughts?

We let each person use their own P-card if they want to connect to iTunes. Commission heads must have their own card that they are responsible for I'm pretty sure what you described does not happen all the time.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
When I set up a second iTunes account for my wife and kids I extra did NOT give any credit card's info, making sure that purchases have to be settled with the prepaid iTunes cards - in your case I wouldn't have used the credit cards either....

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Most reactions

Latest posts