What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume all the way down but still hearing sounds.

Trky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can turn my ipad2 all the way down but I still hear sounds from certain things like AIM and the lock/unlock sounds. Anyone else seeing this?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can turn my ipad2 all the way down but I still hear sounds from certain things like AIM and the lock/unlock sounds. Anyone else seeing this?

Flick the mute switch above the volume rocker. These are system sounds. Alternatively, you can change system sounds in settings to be affected by the volume rocker too.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Two places you go to change these volume levels and turn on/off various options are:

Settings >> Notifications

and

Settings >> General >> Sounds

As donka said, the mute switch can turn these all off quickly.

In iOS 4.3 and above, depending on how you have it set this is either the switch above the volume rocker, or it is found in the multi-task bar by double clicking the home button and swiping right.

OP
T

Trky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my switch set to orientation lock.

OP
T

Trky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found the "change with buttons" settings. Thanks for the heads up.

Most reactions