What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VMware question

VaibhavRohan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have vmware on my pc and i just installed windows 8! I was just wandering the app store when i saw this vmware view App. I downloaded it but I don't know what to enter in the ip or hostname field. Or is there another way to stream the virtual machine from my computer to my iPad??
Cheers

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think you can use it to view workstation or fusion desktops. The view application needs to connect to a "VMWare View Connection Server" which is a component of the Enterprise solutions, like ESX server.

If you want to connect to a virtual machine on your desktop / laptop, why not just use a remote desktop / VNC client? That works well for me...

OP
V

VaibhavRohan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it doesnt work very smooth through the remote desktop. i expect the vmware app to work much smoother. Am i right?
Cheers

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
VMware app will do the same thing that a VNC app will do. So same deal in terms of lag and colors.

Most reactions

Latest posts