What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viewing folders of files on the iPad

mandingo7734

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking to buy an iPad for my dad as a file, internet, and email viewer in his day to day business. The latter two works great on the iPad but I want to be able to see files sorted into folders on the iPad, like in windows explorer. The closest thing I have on my iPad is Dropbox, which has the caveat that files can only be seen with an internet connection. The second closest thing is USB Disk Pro, which supports a file structure, but I need to create the folders through the app itself. That is, if I had 10 folders of files, with sub folders, I'd need to make the folders first through USB Disk Pro and then manually sort my files into them after dragging them to itunes. If all my files were in just a few folders, no problem, but my dad loves making these complicated file structures to keep things organized.

Is there an app out there for an un-jailbroken iPad with with I can copy and paste a complex file system like my dads and which can work offline? What kind of apps would you use if I had jailbreaked it?
Thanks!

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mandingo7734 said:
Hi all,
I'm looking to buy an iPad for my dad as a file, internet, and email viewer in his day to day business. The latter two works great on the iPad but I want to be able to see files sorted into folders on the iPad, like in windows explorer. The closest thing I have on my iPad is Dropbox, which has the caveat that files can only be seen with an internet connection. The second closest thing is USB Disk Pro, which supports a file structure, but I need to create the folders through the app itself. That is, if I had 10 folders of files, with sub folders, I'd need to make the folders first through USB Disk Pro and then manually sort my files into them after dragging them to itunes. If all my files were in just a few folders, no problem, but my dad loves making these complicated file structures to keep things organized.

Is there an app out there for an un-jailbroken iPad with with I can copy and paste a complex file system like my dads and which can work offline? What kind of apps would you use if I had jailbreaked it?
Thanks!

GoodReader might address your needs.

Most reactions

Latest posts