What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Videos not rendering properly

jades_v

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have an iPad 2 with iOS 7.1.2. For the last couple of weeks, videos on my device aren't rendering properly, i.e. the video lags behind the audio. This is the case whether I'm viewing a video on the YouTube app, browsers or on apps like Facebook, Flipboard, etc. First, I thought it could be a problem with the respective apps, but even after installing the latest versions, the problem persists.

Could you help me out
Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Try resetting and/or restarting your iPad, and force closing the apps that don't work properly. None of these will remove data or settings on your device.

To restart, turn off your iPad, and then on again.

To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up.

To force close apps, double tap the Home button to reveal the multitask bar, then slide the pictures above the app icons towards the top of the screen.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts