What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video streaming very slow

sudhirpillai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 streams or loads video very slowly compared to my iphone4. Wifi and in same location.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried an Internet speed test on both your iPhone and iPad to see whether the problem is replicated there? There are several sites on the Internet that you can go to that will test the download and upload speed of your Internet connection - either over WiFi or 3G. It might be worth seeing what the relative speeds of the connections to the two devices are and whether it's the underlying download/upload speeds that are at the heart of the problem.

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim's suggestion is a good one.

I've noticed no streaming differences between my iPad 1, iPad 2 or iPhone 4, or my husband's iPad 1. Most of our streaming is done on the iPads, though. We stream Netflix, Pandora, domestic and foreign radio via the TuneIn app, and U.S. podcasts. And we regularly do that on both coasts of the U.S. on wi-fi at our homes and the homes of family members.

OP
S

sudhirpillai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ran the speedtest.net app on both devices. Don't see any consistent degradation on the iPad but must do more trials again on my Lynda.com learning when i had to dump my iPad and get onto the smaller iPhone screen. Rgds

Most reactions

Latest posts