What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Streaming video to the iPad

Jake872

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 16GB Wi-Fi iPad, and most of my space on it is used for songs and apps. If I can't fit all my TV episodes and movies on my iPad, are there any apps I can get to stream it from my computer? And how would the video quality from streaming compare to if it was synced (I know this depends on signal strength, but if the strength was great, would it still be worse quality)? Thanks.

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Air Video is an incredible app for streaming videos from your pc. I have a 2 TB hard drive with high def video files on it and that app streams the videos flawlessly. It will even convert video files on the fly if they are in the wrong format. The quality is amazing and I don't not a difference at all between files on my ipad and flies streamed.

broganmc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use streamtome (and its free desktop counterpart servetome) to stream from my 2.2ghz laptop and its 1TB video archive. My video streams work great. No real degrade in quality.

I do wish I had forked over the extra $$ for a 64GB though. As easy as it is to stream, I'm not always near an internet connection and I have a love for video.

I just picked up CineXPlayer to transfer my XVIDs over on the fly as well. Saves having to convert them.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AirVideo - it just works, can play anything in any format and the quality is amazing.

Most reactions

Latest posts