What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video help

Cooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently purchased and iPad2 and one of the things I want to use it for was viewing pictures and videos from my trail cameras. So I bought the sd card addaptor to go with it.

It displays the pictures great but won't play the videos. The videos are in AVI and I am looking to see if there is any way I can go about using my iPad to view them.

This is my first Mac purchase so I am in a learning process so any help would be great.

OP
Cooter

Cooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm guessing this can't be done with an app.

OP
Cooter

Cooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know of an app that can do this?

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't think any app can do that. Transcoding videos requires some power to do.

I use Format Factory and another program to do all the transcoding I do.

Check out my guide here.

macman1991

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MovieConverter

Hi Guys, This is my first post so please forgive me if something goes wrong! There is a free app called MovieConverter that claims to do what you want, but I haven't tried it yet so i don't know if it works. As you said video conversion takes a lot of power so it may be very slow. Also, if you have upgraded to iOS5 and iMovie 1.2.2, which only runs on iOS5, then you may not need to convert the files as Apple says the new version recognizes some video formats other than those generated on iPhones, etc.. Hope this helps. John

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AVPlayerHD will play .AVI files, as well as quite a few more with no conversion needed to play flawlessly on your iPad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts