What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Newbie help

efiste2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just bought an Ipad2 and would like to put some of my Pictures and Videos onto it to view. I beileve you have to do this through Itunes, is that correct...I did try it using Itunes, and either dragging the pics into Itunes or even direct to the Ipad shown in Itunes, it didnt work....If there is a method of doing this without going through Itunes it would be great. Also why doesnt my Ipad show up on the MY COMPUTER function on my PC ?
Thanks for any help

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your iPad is supposed to show Up in iTunes on your computer, not in the my computer section.

OP
E

efiste2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad shows up in Itunes no problem and I have managed to transfer Photos from my Itunes library to the Ipad....However when I try to transfer an MP4 video from my Itunes library to the Ipad, an error message appears and says cannot transfer as Ipad cannot play this video......anyone got any ideas why not ?

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No guarantees but you might want to make sure your MP4 files meet these criteria, specifially the H.264 video codec.

Playing MP4 on iPad 3 is usually smooth for many users. However, due to codec, video size and resolution issue, you may have difficulty in adding MP4 to iTunes and transferring MP4 to iPad 3. Sometimes, even though you can transfer MP4 to iPad 3, the MP4 file just cannot be played on iPad 3.

[h=4]In order to successfully play MP4 files on the iPad 3, MP4 files shall meet the following requirements:[/h]
  • H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio;
  • MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio.
Your iPad will not recognize the MP4 files if they don’t match the above requirements.

OP
E

efiste2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its the H.264 that soryted it THANKS for your help....However there is a small problem, the thumbnails appear as though they are a negative image on the video screen of the Ipad, do you have any idea why or what I have done, otherwise the video clips play fine.....Once again THANK YOU!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts