What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video and NTSC

alzomb001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I took some video today of my son in a marathon using the iPad. When I came to edit the videos in Power Director it said 'some videos have been taken in NTSC format and your preference is PAL (I live in the UK) the video will be converted to PAL but you may lose some quality'.

I did not know you could change this setting and can't find anything in the iPad manual to allow you to do so.

Any thoughts on this would be most welcome.

Thanks Al

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unless you have a reason to keep the project in PAL, change your project's default format to NTSC. It should not matter if you are using the footage electronically (ie. not outputting to video tape).

You cannot change the format of the iPad's video recorder.

OP
A

alzomb001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for this,

I use the video to output to DVD which then plays on a PAL TV set.....I would think this could cause an issue.. or am I misunderstanding the process?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some DVD players don't mind NTSC (most modern players will play both happily) formatted discs, just depends on the player. It won't effect the TV at all.

You can adjust the video frame rate using third party apps. So if you prefer PAL, then check the App Store for apps with variable frame rate and variable aspect ratio to get the footage more friendly for your editing program.

Most reactions

Latest posts