1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Various devices on one iTunes account

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by neilf, Sep 29, 2013.

1. neilf

neilf iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I currently have an iPhone 4s and iPad 3 linked to the same iTunes account.

It's not a real problem but it can be a pain when i put apps and other bits on one device and iTunes automatically adds them to the other.

I will getting 2 iPad minis for my kids and wish to retain control over what they can download and more Importantly how much they can spend.

Is there any way I can separate these devices within my iTunes account so that downloads are individual to each device or am I better setting up additional accounts for the kids devices?.

Cheers
    Neilf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. HardMetalAlchemy

HardMetalAlchemy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    In settings, you can stop iTunes from automatically downloading apps and music:

image-3892512431.jpg

As for limiting how much your kids spend and download, that's up to you. You can disable the App Store and in-app purchases through
    Settings > General > Restrictions (set pass code) and turn off App Store and in-app purchases ---

image-400470251.jpg
    • Like Like x 1