What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to set up a different account in itunes

fantom557

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my mom an ipad but she does not have a computer to set up her ipad so used my itunes to set her up. Now when she goes to itunes she is ussing my account how do i set her up as a separate user on my itunes so she can have her own account.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can certainly have different accounts, but the problem is that you can only sync an iDevice (iPad, iPod, iPhone) to one library at a time and that means only on one computer at a time. It doesn't matter if you have different accounts, she will be sync'd to your library. Fortunately, she can "cherry pick" which apps, books, music, etc to put on her iPad.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What OS are you running on the PC? Why not set up a log in account for her on your computer. Then she can run her own version of iTunes and configure and sync to her iTunes account.

That's how you should do it.

Most reactions

Latest posts