What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uverse wifi problems

emthom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an iPad 2 with wifi for work, it works on my offices's wifi but I'm having difficulty getting it to connect on my home wifi (on AT&T uverse service). I am able to see the network and log in but any application requiring an internet connection says I'm not connected. I have tried restarting my modem, turning the iPad wifi off, but to no avail. I also called uverse service and had them check to make sure my wireless is working but said they don't support the iPad. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you able to connect with any other WiFi device? It would be useful to narrow down whether it's the iPad or network that's causing the problem. Clearly, if another device can connect, that narrows it down a bit...

Tim

ATT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your wi-fi issue

emthom, I am with AT&T and would like to help if I can. You can reach out to us on Twitter at ATTCustomerCare, or on our Facebook page. We will respond. Thank you! Mike A. Customer Care.

OP
E

emthom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only other wireless device I have to test is my iPhone, which has the same problem... I can see the network and log in but I get connection error messages. It's just odd because family members have used laptops on the wireless before without difficulty. Any suggestions for how to proceed? Thank you for your help.

edrazen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a similar problem. Both my wife and I have iPad2s and have been having problems with Internet connectivity on our home UVerse. I don't have any problems on my work WiFi. If I turn off the wifi on my iPad or reset the uverse modem, I will get connectivity back temporarily. I also am able to connect to the internet from my laptop on my uverse when I can't connect from my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

ATT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Edrazen.

I'm with AT&T and I saw your post. Sounds like your Uverse is working properly, but the iPad is having trouble communicating with your home network. I would recommend contacting Apple at 800-676-2775 . If you've already tried that or have questions for us. Please contact me on Twitter @ATTTeamSusan . Be sure to let us know your request is regarding the "Edrazen" post.

-ATTErwinR

edrazen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ATT said:
Edrazen.

I'm with AT&T and I saw your post. Sounds like your Uverse is working properly, but the iPad is having trouble communicating with your home network. I would recommend contacting Apple at 800-676-2775 . If you've already tried that or have questions for us. Please contact me on Twitter @ATTTeamSusan . Be sure to let us know your request is regarding the "Edrazen" post.

-ATTErwinR

I'm not so sure it isn't a Uverse problem, I've started having the same exact problem with my MacBook Pro as well. It sees my 2Wire network, but I have no Internet connectivity. Having to reset my modem everyday isn't a satisfactory solution. Also, my modem has already been replaced once a few back by AT&T when I had this problem a while back and called about it.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

ATT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be glad to try and help you with this. The site will not allow me to post an email address on here, but I can be reached at ATTErwinR and the domain is @att.com . Please send an email with your account #, name, and phone #. Be sure to type "Edrazen" in the subject line.

OP
E

emthom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried Facebook a while back but received no response and I have never used twitter, any other suggestions ATT?

Thanks

KatWalt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue. We had Uverse installed a few weeks ago and the Apple products connected, but oddly that changed. Now the iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad2 wil not connect to the internet. I can see the modem listed and entered the password, but no connection. We can connect at another wi-fi location and other devices (HP laptop, HP TouchPad) can successfully connect thru the wireless 2Wire modem set up with uverse internet. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

jennvirgo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my Ipad and Iphone ... my husband has intermittent problems with this Macbook as well ... I also cannot get my WII to connect to the wireless ...AT&T wants to charge me to come out to look at this ... it's ridiculous ... we have only had this one month and it's has never worked.

Mpav20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are having the same problem. iPad and Mac book will connect with all other networks however we cannot connect to our home
uverse network. Spent an hour on the phone with AT&T and they blame Apple and when I went back to Apple they blame Uverse.

Anyone have a solution?

jmccamb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a 2wire router first try visiting this address in your browser: 192.168.1.254

You will then have to go look at the sticker on your 2wire router and copy down both sets of numbers listed. They will be called something like system key and wireless key. (keep these numbers for future reference)

After entering in the number into your browser you should see a section called "top networking features". One of the links will be "wireless" which is the one you want.

These are the settings you will want to either verify or change:

Wireless channel: 11 (Should be set to auto, but 11 is rarely used and sometimes "auto" might not be the best given your specific situation)
Authentication: WPA2-PSK
Power setting: 400
Wireless mode: 802.11g
DTIM: 1 (should already be 1, but check to make sure)

After changing the settings on this page click save. Shortly after your router will restart ONLY it's wireless radio.

On your device go into settings - wifi - and then click the blue arrow next to your network's name. Click "forget this network".

Go back to the list of available wireless networks and enter your wireless key that you copied from the sticker on your router. The network is now broadcasting on a channel with less interference which hopefully should fix your issue. I also have a 2wire router and had intermittent wireless issues that were resolved with these settings. You may also need to enter your network key on any other devices or computers on the network.

Hope this helps!

Most reactions

Latest posts