What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi issue

bruce24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad for a few weeks and had WiFI working fine, then today it stopped working with my home router. I hadn't touched any setting on either the iPad or my router. It currently appears to connect, my rounter is checked off under settings; but when I go to use the network it tells me it can't make a connection.

I am able to connect to other WiFi sources, just not my own; but I am still able to connect to my home wireless with both my iPhone and laptop.

I have tried forgetting my wifi and reconnecting, I have renamed my router, I have restarted both the ipad and the router and I even upraded to iOS 3.2.1..but still can't get it to work.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Bruce

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you try a hard reset, or just powering off/on?

To do a hard reset (won't delete anything): Hold down both the Sleep and Hone buttons until you see the Apple logo.

OP
B

bruce24

iPF Noob
Reaction score

To do a hard reset (won't delete anything): Hold down both the Sleep and Hone buttons until you see the Apple logo.

I was just powering it off. I tried the hard reset and still had the problem, then an hour or so later I heard my new mail beap, so it is working again, not sure exactly what is going on, but it's working so I'm happy.

Thanks,

-Bruce

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Router ?

I was just powering it off. I tried the hard reset and still had the problem, then an hour or so later I heard my new mail beap, so it is working again, not sure exactly what is going on, but it's working so I'm happy.

Thanks,

-Bruce

Hi Bruce...saw your post as was just wondering what type router you had. Is there a "preferred" router for the I-Pad?? Thanks...Ken

PS- Glad it's working again.

MrLee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jumping in here, too: I did a hard reset (twice) on my iPad. Didn't help at all & I spent hours putting passwords/usernames etc back in the various aps. My router is an Airport Extreme.

Most reactions