What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using Redeem feature

janehrn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,does anybody know how to use the redeem feature when buying iBooks?I can't get it to come up in the store.It does cone up in the iTunes Store but not here.Thank you.Jane

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Jane! Welcome to iPF!

Here's how to redeem a gifted book in iBooks: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5352

If you want to redeem an amount of money, that can be done in App Store or iTunes Store as well. You'll see the credit below your Apple ID in every store on your iPad afterwards.

Hope that helps.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you redeeming a gifted book, or redeeming a gift card so you can buy a book?

In the second case it makes no difference if you redeem the code in iTunes or the iBooks store. It all goes to the same account.

If a book, you should have received a link via email. Tap on this in the Mail app and you should be, semi-automatically, taken through the steps to download the book. It also might work if you tap on the link in Safari, if viewing your email on a website. I've never tested that one.

Edit: Or better yet, read the help page Johanna linked too.

Last edited:
OP
J

janehrn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies but it is not a gifted book I am trying to get.I want to go to the iBook store and buy a book using the redeem feature where I have a code number to buy something.It doesn't look like it works the same way.Thank you.Jane

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose you've got an iTunes Store/App Store gift card or an email with a code. You can redeem these in App Store and iTunes Store as well. The amount will be visible in the iBooks Store afterwards.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies but it is not a gifted book I am trying to get.I want to go to the iBook store and buy a book using the redeem feature where I have a code number to buy something.It doesn't look like it works the same way.Thank you.Jane
If you go to the bottom of the iBook Store home page you will see a redeem button. Tap it and sign in with your Apple ID and password. You will then see this pop up where you can use your camera to enter the redeem code or input the code manually.

image-911292248.jpg

Last edited:

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
go to your iTunes account and redeem your iTunes voucher there, and then go to ibooks and make your purchase

Most reactions

Latest posts