What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes in West Africa

iPadMarmoset

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can buy iTunes vouchers in the UK or US and redeem them on line here? Or can anyone suggest a way around it if I can't.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can buy iTunes vouchers in the UK or US and redeem them on line here? Or can anyone suggest a way around it if I can't.
You would not only need the UK or US iTunes gift cards, you would need a US or UK based IP address, email address, mailing address, etc. You could use a VPN service to get an IP address based in the desired country. Several of our members have experience in purchasing content from foreign iTunes stores and I'm sure they'd be willing to help out.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can purchase iTunes cards online. If you need a US card, I can give you an email address (pm).

As said by scifan, you can redeem the iTunes card only in the App Store/iBooks Store/iTunes Store of that one country. To get this done, you need an Apple ID from the UK or USA.

For a new Apple ID, you need an email address that you didn't use for an Apple ID before, preferably a Gmail address. You need a payment method (None is possible as well) and an address in that country. If you use Gmail, you don't need an IP address based on the country you prefer.

After setting up or choosing the new email address, go to App Store - Featured, scroll down to your Apple ID and sign out. Then select "Sign in", and "Create Apple ID". Set up the ID with the new email address, the address you chose and the payment method you prefer.

That done, you can redeem the iTunes gift card.

Last edited:
OP
I

iPadMarmoset

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I have found that I can top up my account with vouchers from the UK , although I am in West Africa. My friend sent me the numbers and they were successfully redeemed here. When I first started using my account here I had to answer some security questions.

Last edited:

Most reactions