Using an iPhone 4 for remote control of IPad2

Discussion in 'AirPlay' started by Argyle, Apr 28, 2011.

1. larzkicksu

larzkicksu iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wow

Just downloaded tunesremote on my ipad2 and iphone 3GS and after a bit of searching on bluetooth i was able to get them to see each other! What an amazingly simple concept, so glad I found this thread! Download it, it's worth the money!

2. gjis9cuy

gjis9cuy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you're unfamiliar with VNC - it's basically a cross platform server/client install that enables remote desktop control. At first it was for PC OSes like Linux, windows and Mac. And it's been ported over to iOS.. this is wat you'd need(once ipad2 is jb'd!)

3. hjsimpson

hjsimpson iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am now using Tango remote, works great and uses wifi or BT for a connection. Having the the ability to control what my daughter is whaling from the front seat is great. No more pulling over!

4. airg

airg iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

veency with iteleport WORKS my friend you just have to set up the ipad as computer manually... ip address etc...

5. airg

airg iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    and theres no way i can be a n00b because i figured out how to use my iphone as a trackpad/mouse with no help besides the guy who told us about veency & iteleport !! he's the man !!!!

[Moderator edit: watch the language, please. This is a family forum. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  6. airg

airg iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks dude !! your the man!!

7. Bullebak

Bullebak iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do one require a wireless network for the VNC client on the iPhone to work with the jailbroken veency server on the iPad? Or does the iPhone directly connect to the veency server on the iPad? See, I have an iPhone 4S and an iPad 2. My wish is to actually connect the iPhone to a projector using the VGA adapter I bought from the iStore. Then the iPhone is basically supposed to be a wireless receiver that can port my iPad's screen through the iPhone onto the projector. Then I can use my iPad to walk around in class, presenting my stuff to the students. Is this at all possible without a WiFi network access point present?

8. addiosamigo

addiosamigo iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I'm confused the OP is talking about playing videos from his pc when hes out and about but refering to it as 'AirPlay' I thought this was wireless playing music and video through a wireless connection using an apple TV?

9. cgarskejones

cgarskejones iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am a teacher. I purchased apple tv an HDMI cord to connect the apple tv to the projector. Then I use my iPhone 4 as a personal hotspot to configure wifi. On my iPad-2. Once Wifi set-up is achieved I choose the remote app on my iPad 2 select apple tv. Then on my ipad2 bar,where volume keys are, I select the mirror button and
    choose apple tv. On the screen, being projected, is everything on my iPad 2.

Even though I have a 3G data plan on my iPad 2 I still have to use my iPhone 4 as the personal hotspot

10. cgarskejones

cgarskejones iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What exactly is AirPlay. I have iPad 2 and apple tv

11. Poser

Poser iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    are you asking, what is airplay?.....did not see any ?

General hint; you don't need internet for wifi access....just plug in a router, to utilize wifi access(to use airplay).
    There is an app called airport utility, to go with apple routers, for easy setup.

12. Argyle

Argyle iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apple airplay

Just checking in to see if anyone's had luck. TANGO is the closest ive gotten the only issue is the movies have to be on the iPad.

Ideally I would like to store movies on the computer to save HD space on the iPad and specifically use AIRPLAY to watch movies on my home theatre.

Is there an app out there yet that will control AIRPLAY from the iPhone to the IPad ?

13. Poser

Poser iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    OSX mountain lion releasing this summer will feature Airplay mirroring from a Mac.

14. nay_britt

nay_britt iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think that you need to be more clear that this can NOT control movies purchased through iTunes. What a waste! Do any of the other two apps mentioned on here (Tunes Remote or Tango Remote) work with the Movies app?

15. TT22

TT22 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have both 4s & iPad 2 - also jailbroken. I downloaded the Veency on iPad 2 & got iteleport, but no dice. Ultimately I like to transform my iPad into a pc (bluetooth keyboard) & using my iPhone 4s as a mouse on the iPad.